Saturday, November 15, 2008

This entry is a tad crude, but amusing.

Duke went to the vet yesterday and got neutered. Everything went better than textbook and he came home yesterday. It's kind of cool because they don't use stitches anymore to close animals back up (humans too apparently according to Dr. Future-Sister-in-Law). The vet actually just glued his incision back together!

He's pretty drowsy, like last night all he wanted to do was cuddle and sleep. This morning he woke up and started to push his ball around then decided he wasn't quite ready to play.

Here are some pictures to, eh, tribute to Duke's bits and pieces that are no longer.

Playin' with the dogs

Diggin' under the couch
Dozin'



Came home from work today to see him. He looked at me with his big brown eyes. And I felt really really bad we put him through this.

Then he rolled over and started playing with his toys and licked me.
He'll be allll good in a couple days. Then it's onto exploring dog parks and making more friends.

NOTE: We took Duke to a friend's apartment tonight, thinking he'd sleep because he was on medicine... nope, ran around like a monkey the whole time, but I'm glad to see it took less than a day for him to get back to his normal self.

3 comments:

Eduardo said...

My Mommy is talking about getting me fixed...she wants too but she isn't sure yet...she is still debating! But my mommy is pretty sure after the vet gets my 'goods' so that she can get some grandpuppies later that she will get me fixed...dang!
Hugs & Snugs
Eduardo the Snuggle Puggle

Anonymous said...

Wow Duke, those were some...interesting pictures. I got fixed too. It's not as bad as they make it seem, I guess. I'm glad you got better soon!

Licks,
Riley

Bruschi said...

Hey Duke....thanks for those tribute photos! BOL! I am fixed too, and after a day I was back to my old self again too! I only had to wear that plastic cone head thingy for a day or two! Glad to see you are back to your old self again!!
Hugs, Bruschi