Saturday, October 25, 2008

Separaton Anxiety

Duke does not like to be away from my fiance or myself. He just completely freaks out. Everyone tells me it will calm down when he gets older, but it seems to just be getting worse. He whines like someone is beating him, then he is so excited to see you that he pees all over you.
We've managed to figure out the "kong trick" which works when we are leaving him home by himself. You fill his Kong full of peanut butter and dog food, chuck it in his house and duck for cover. God forbid you forget something in the apartment. If you time it right, he is content enough to not notice you've gone missing. I don't know about the long term effects of this method. I suppose when he's done licking all the yummy out of the Kong he might break down then, but then again maybe he falls asleep. I'm tempted to set a camera up one of these days while I go to work and tape his daily routine, but I haven't gotten up the nerve to set the camera up. One of these days.
On a side note: Are the elections and/or Halloween over yet? This is getting ridiculous.

No comments: